STEP FIVE - COMPLETE THE BSA REQUIRED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
True youth protection can be achieved only through the focused commitment of everyone in Scouting. It is the mission of Youth Protection volunteers and professionals to work within the Boy Scouts of America to maintain a culture of Youth Protection awareness and safety at the national, regional, area, council, district, and unit levels.
All Scouts and Scouters in the BSA ages 18 and above must complete the required Youth Protection Training. Follow the directions below to complete this training.
- Navigate to www.my.scouting.org
- If you already have an account, log in. If you do not have an account, click "create account" and follow the directions to make one.
- Once logged in, click "Menu" then "My Dashboard"
- Under the YPT Tab, you will find the different Youth Protection Training Courses. Please complete "Youth Protection Training" and "Venturing Youth Protection Training"
- Once completed, email a copy of both completion certificates for each course to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more specific information visit www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection